My thoughts on mask, including some from Laura Baxter:
- Mask mandates are a huge government overreach
- Masks impair communication
- Masks muffle the sounds of voices
- Masks cover half the face, veiling nonverbal cues
- What is the cost of a world without smiles?
- Masks remind us, constantly, to be on our guard.
- Masks imply that everyone is now a feared disease transmitter.
- The treasured face of a friend covered by a mask now harbors danger.
- Masks don’t let us forget, even for a moment, that a pandemic is on the prowl.
- How could I possibly think this nation would be better off with everyone walking around with masks covering their faces?